|Montebello Newsletter and More||Montebello,CA|
1. The difference between comfortable and successful is the difference between being told what to do and being a self-starter. If the newsletter teacher were abducted by aliens tomorrow, could you operate E-News by yourselves? Don’t wait on the teacher. Take the initiative, demonstrate leadership.
2. Team meetings. If hard for whole team to meet during zero period, lunch or after school, try to make the most of nutrition. Team leaders: come prepared to make assignments, set deadlines, check on progress. Everyone on every team should have an activity on which to work all the time.
3. The community does not take a vacation. Our extraordinary goals for the three-week school vacation: third issue on December 20, fourth issue on January 10. Is this feasible? Yes, if every team does its share. Compare our staff to a football team: the only way to win is if everyone does her / his share.
4. Check your e-mail at least twice daily. If you do not have e-mail at home, check at school twice daily. While few things in life are perfect, strive to be a perfectionist. Pay attention to details, as a music conductor or a choreographer does.
5. Our Web site’s address is www.mymontebello.com. Information there for your team. In January, tell me if you wish to be named on the Web site.
6. Are we ready for the big prize? From the Web site talking about the big prize:
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation is seeking proposals for innovative ways to shape the future of news and community.
In a democracy that is organized by geography, the fate of every village, town, suburb and metropolis depends on citizens being able to get the news they need to run their lives and their governments. The Knight Brothers 21st Century News Challenge hopes to recognize transformative ideas, pilot projects, leadership initiatives and investment opportunities that will help improve the flow of journalism, information and news in the public interest.
We're looking for:
We want proposals that increase the clarity, not the cacophony. We’re looking for ways to increase a community’s capacity to both understand what’s wrong and to fix it.
The deadline for submitting a Letter of Inquiry is December 31st.
7. Team reports. What to do if nobody on a team comes to a staff meeting.
8. There is activity for you this week, as the deadline for the third issue is next Monday. Thank you.